Too Cool for Internet Explorer

Monday, October 15, 2007

Presentation recipe 2nd release

The Ruby presentation work keeps going.

And I change “my modern presentation recipe” a bit.

No more slides quantity pattern, but ideas pattern.

For example, I keep the Acts concept, and distribute some slides on those Acts.

I think it is not the way (at least for me) anymore.

OK, we have to impose some kind of limit there, or we can face a two or more hour presentation, and we know that is not good.

But if we state 10 slides on that Act, 5 on that one, there is an unfair rule.

Some people speak 30 minutes with 10 slides, some less then 10 minutes with the same 10 slides.

So I think the idea pattern is a better choice.

You will have a 30 to 45 minutes presentation (I think it is a good average).

You follow my recipe, you have a 5 Acts pattern.

You have to express the whole thing in the first five minutes of your presentation.
So I suggest 5 topics (IDEAS) here (1rst Act).

Next you have 3 slots (7 to 10 minutes each) to develop your story.
Here, I suggest 7 to 10 topics (IDEAS) on each of those Acts (2nd, 3rd and 4th)

At the end you have another five minutes slot to finish the presentation, and once more I suggest a 5 topics (IDEAS) here (5th Act)

That is it ! You have a 30 to 45 minutes Hollywood style presentation.

No matter how many slides you use.

The point is: how many ideas per time slot (Act) you will show.

No comments: